Monday, July 23, 2012

SeaGlass wine and The Dark Knight Returns

Neither of which have anything to do with the other.

In my hunt for my favorite California wine, I tried another from the Santa Barbara area. This time, the SeaGlass Sauvignon Blanc. The description won me in a second:

Invigorating scents of lemon, lime, grapefruit, and freshly cut grass waft from the glass, while clean, crisp notes of gooseberries and tangerines awaken your palate. With a lively, slightly tart finish, our Sauvignon Blanc captures the free feeling of endless summer.


Who doesn't want that deliciousness?! But what I really found was a taste SO light that I might as well have been drinking water. And, for some, that might be perfect. But it really wasn't what I was looking for. I will definitely try something else from this group though -- there is a Chardonnay and a Pinot Noir that look incredible. 

***
With all of the tragedy surrounding The Dark Knight Returns, I almost didn't want to bring it up. To be quite honest, I almost didn't want to see it at all. But that's letting evil win, and the people in that theatre clearly loved the franchise as much as I do or they wouldn't have been there.  So I went, no matter how nervous I was. And the movie was fantastic, like I knew it would be.  Christian Bale is the perfect Bruce Wayne / Batman, as far as I'm concerned. I like Anne Hathaway a lot - I wasn't sure if I would. And Joseph Gordon Levitt might have been my favorite.

I don't know if I can ever watch the movie again though. Because, as unfair as it is, it will always be linked to an event that caused so many people so much pain. And I don't know if I want to relive this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment