Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday Night in the City...

Since its officially the "Summer of Leisure," I figured I should do something to account for the copious amount of time that I'm wasting. And by "wasting" I mean "enjoying every second of." So here we go: a log of the movies that are worth it, the wine that should be bought again and the projects that are completed...

What to do when its 106 degrees outside? Wine and movies with the roomie! The movie: Big Miracle (starring Drew Barrymore and John Krasinski).

 Generally, I hate movies where an animal may be hurt in any way. Movies aren't real, you say? Yeah, doesn't matter. I still turn into a sobbing mess. All the same, I was into this one for some reason. And it was cute. I probably wouldn't sit and watch it over and over again, but I enjoyed it for what it was.  Drew generally irritates me when she gets angsty and overdramatic -- there are a few instances of that in the movie. But they could be overlooked in exchange for watching John Krasinski be adorable for 90 minutes.

Nothing say "kids movie" like a nice glass of wine (or two). Tonight's choice: White Truck Pinot Grigio 2009. It's fairly cheap - about $12/bottle. I've had some of their other wines. I really like their Cab Sav. But this one wasn't my favorite. On a scale of 0 to Up All Night With Acid Reflux, this is probably going to be a 7 or 8. Super acidic with strong citrus flavors. That being said, this bottle was opened two days ago, so it may just be a wine that doesn't last long after its been opened.

Movie #2: Bride Wars. Snarky Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson never get old! And I've probably seen this one about 15 times...


No comments:

Post a Comment