Sunday, July 15, 2012

Santa Barbara wine and Crazy Stupid Love

I guarantee this blog is not as exciting to read as the one I wrote while on tour... And by wrote, I mean, SUCKED at keeping up with and still need to update. I promise I will do that -- it will be one of the 8 million projects I want to do while I'm stuck in bed in the coming weeks.  But if you want to catch up before that happens, lifein2suitcases.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

I had a lovely and long overdue dinner date with my show husband on Friday. I guess since then he has been Bobby to my Amy, but he will continue to be my show husband forever. We shared a bottle of wine that I looooved: Terra d'Oro Pinot Grigio.


We had our bottle at a restaurant called Blue Moose. Its a small chain in Topeka / Kansas City, but I'm certain its available other places. Check out Terra d'Oro's website here: http://terradorowinery.com/pinot-grigio.php. OR, even better, go to Santa Barbara for vacation and plan to shop/eat/drink your way up and down State Street, see a show at The Granada, and enjoy the weather and sunshine (and wine). Just for good measure, memories of a lovely trip to SB from February. 




I finally saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. I OWN the movie and I finally watched it.  I. Loved. It.  If you are unfamiliar, its the story of a man (Steve Carrell) and his wife (Julianne Moore) who are getting a divorce. The babysitter for their children has a crush on the man, the son has a crush on the babysitter, the wife has had an affair with a co-worker (Kevin Bacon), and the husband, awkwardly, starts dating again -- with the help of a ladies man he meets in a bar (Ryan Gosling). And THAT man actually has feelings for a girl he meets in the bar (Emma Stone).

If you actually followed all of that -- good for you. It is not nearly as confusing as that paragraph made it sound. Its a hilarious story and the cast is fantastic. Its obviously not going to change your life, but its a fun watch. Check it out  - it may still be available at Redbox, but I'm sure its on Netflix. And if every movie rental place in your town hasn't closed by now, I'm sure you can pick it up there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment